Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Yield: One 9-inch pie, 8 servings
- 1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup boiling water
- 9 x 1g packets Equal or similar
- 1 x 9-inch graham cracker
- lime zest
- thin lime slices
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- juice of 1½ limes
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Sprinkle gelatin over lime juice and let it stand for 1 minute.
- Add boiling water and sweetener to gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Combine milk and vanilla and freeze 30 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and whip at high speed until stiff.
- Stir lime juice and food coloring into whipped milk (save remaining ½ lime for garnish)
- Slowly blend gelatin mixture into whipped milk.
- Spoon pie filling into crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with lime zest and lime slices.
- Cut into 8 even portions and serve 1 portion per serving.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 111 | Cholesterol: 14 mg | Fat: 5g | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein 4g