Yield: about 6 half pints. 1 tbsp. = 6 calories
- 3 quarts tomatoes, peeled, chopped (about 18 medium)
- 2 cups chopped green peppers (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups chopped onions (about 2 medium)
- 2 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp cloves
- 2 cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp liquid artificial sweetener
- Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pot.
- Bring to a simmer.
- It may require 3 to 4 hours of cooking time.
- When the mixture reaches the desired thickness, pour hot, into hot jars, leaving ¼ inch head space.
- Adjust caps.
- Process 15 minutes in boiling water bath.