Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 3 cups sugar-free biscuit mix
- ⅓ cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup butter
- fruit-sweetened jam
- pecan halves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Use a blender or food processor to chop pecan pieces until finely ground.
- Sift biscuit mix, and stir in the pecans.
- Set aside.
- Use blender or food processor to purée dates, gradually adding egg whites and warm water.
- Beat several minutes until creamy.
- Melt butter, and then stir in date cream and vanilla.
- Fold liquid ingredients into biscuit mix.
- Stir only until blended.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, form dough into cookies ¼" thickness by 2" diameter.
- Press a thumb print into the middle of each.
- Decorate each cookie with ¼ teaspoon of jam and/or a pecan half.
- Bake at 350°F for 7 – 10 minutes until touches of light brown can be seen.