Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Servings: 6
- Serve with a cup of hot coffee
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Place 6 ramekins in a roasting pan.
- Slit open vanilla bean and scrape out seeds.
- Place seeds in a saucepan with half and half.
- Heat until bubbles appear at the edge of pan.
- Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and sugar.
- Whisk a small amount of warm half and half into egg mixture.
- Whisk egg mixture back into half and half in saucepan.
- Return to heat and cook 8 minutes until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Divide mixture among ramekins.
- Place pan in oven.
- Pour hot water halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake 22 minutes or until custard is set but still jiggly in centers.
- Remove ramekins from pan, cool.
- Refrigerate until serving.
To serve Edit
- Remove ramekins from refrigerator.
- Heat broiler.
- Sprinkle each ramekin with 2 tsp turbinado sugar.
- Run under broiler 3 minutes.
- Do not burn sugar.
- Cool slightly and serve.