Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- a hen,
- 3 coffee-cupfuls of grouts,
- 1 coffee-cupful of vegetable oil,
- half a head of pickIed cabbage /sauerkraut/(or fresh cabbage),
- 10 corns of pepper,
- 2 teaspoonfuls of red pepper,
- 1 teaspoonful of ground dry savoury
- First prepare the filling - pour boiling water over the grouts and add half of the sauerkraut, thinly cut. Then add the oil and 2 coffee-cupfuls of warm water and stew the sauerkraut in a covered pot on a slow fire. Season it with the savoury, the pepper and the red pepper.
- Stuff the poultry with this filling and sow it up with a scalded white thread. Lay the rest of the sauerkraut, also thinly cut, on the bottom of the pot you are going to cook in, and put the poultry on top.
- Pour water and sauerkraut juice in equal proportions, to cover 2/3 of the poultry's height with the liquid. (If you have no sauerkraut juice available, pour only water.) Before putting the lid of the pot, cover it with white paper.
- Stew on slow fire until the meat gets tender. Serve this dish with a salad of roasted or pickled peppers. You can also garnish it with pickled cucumbers or stewed carrots.