Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vegetables North Indian-style
- 1 lb fresh green beans cut into 1" lengths or any other vegetable like cauliflower florets, potatoes or carrots and peas
- 1" thick piece of ginger chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 2 medium tomatoes peeled (put tomatoes in very hot water for a few seconds, peel off the skin and finely chop)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- Heat the oil in a wide, heavy saucepan over a medium flame.
- When hot, put in the cumin seeds.
- Stir for half a minute.
- Pour in the ginger-garlic.
- Stir and cook for about two minutes.
- Put in the coriander and stir a few times.
- Put in the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir and cook for 2 minutes while mashing the tomato pieces with the back of a slotted spoon.
- Put in the vegetables and salt and one cup of water and simmer them.
- Cover, turn heat to low and cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until the beans are tender and steamed and the water has been absorbed.
- Remove the cover.
- Add the lemon juice and a generous amounts of freshly ground pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro.