Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serves 2 – 4
- 6 cups whole grain bread cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp veggie broth powder or soy sauce OR Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add all the veggies, the raisins and the almonds and sauté until veggies are tender.
- Stir in the herbs, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Add the bread cubes and mix.
- Add the veggie broth powder or soy sauce or Braggs to the boiling water, and then pour into the bread mixture.
- Stir well until bread absorbs the liquid, reduce heat to the lowest setting, cover and let steam for about 10 minutes.
- Don't let it burn! serve with a flavorful vegan gravy.