Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Stiuca umpluta (fiarta)
- 1 pike (approx. 2 lbs / 1 kg)
- crustless slice of white bread
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 beet
- 2 qts / 2 l water
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- mustard sauce
- Clean and wash the pike and remove its head.
- Starting from the head, skin the carefully. If there remains any meat sticking to the skin, scrape with a knife.
- Salt and skin and leave aside.
- Debone the and grind it with the milk (or water) moistened bread and with the finely chopped and oil fried onion.
- Add salt, pepper, a teaspoon of chopped parsley and two beaten eggs to the mixture.
- Mix well and stuff the pike skin (do not overstuff or it may burst while boiling).
- Make small balls from the remaining mixture.
- Take a pot and put a whole onion, the thinly sliced carrot and beet, as well as the bones into it.
- Then add the stuffed fish, head, small balls and 2 qts / 2 l of water.
- Let boil, covered, at low temperature.
- When it is done, remove the stuffed , arrange in the middle of a long platter, cut into finger thick slices and place the head where it belongs to make it look like a whole again.
- Arrange the balls and a few lemon slices around it.
- Serve with mustard sauce.