Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ¼ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon dill
- parsley and paprika (for sprinkling)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- zucchini pulp
- Drop whole zucchini into boiling salted (about 2 tsp salt per 5-6 quart pot) water.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; cover zucchini with cold water to stop the cooking.
- When cool, slice in half lengthwise; scoop out meat from centers leaving a hollow shell.
- Reserve zucchini pulp and set aside.
- Mash zucchini pulp using a potato masher or a fork.
- In a small saucepan, melt ¼ stick butter.
- Blend in the cornstarch until no lumps remain; add sour cream.
- Combine with dill and salt and zucchini pulp, mixing ingredients until well blended.
- Fill the zucchini shells evenly with the stuffing.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in microwave.
- Stir in ½ cup crushed cracker crumbs or bread crumbs, mixing until all are coated.
- Sprinkle a layer of buttered bread crumbs on top.
- Top with parsley flakes and a sprinkling of paprika for color.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Pizza zucchini variation: spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on top before baking.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese (or shredded mozzarella) 10 minutes before baking is finished.
- Drizzle with olive oil infused with minced garlic, oregano, and basil before serving (omit dill and sour cream).