8 servings, 60 minutes preparation
- 1 loaf Vienna bread, sliced diagonally almost through to crust
- 1 lb Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 (8 ounces) can chopped mushrooms
- 3 green onions
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- Stuff sections of bread with Swiss cheese and chopped mushrooms.
- Place bread on heavy duty foil and put green onions, poppyseeds and seasoned salt on top.
- Melt butter,lemon juice and dry mustard and spoon over bread.
- Wrap in foil and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Fold back foil and pull off pieces with fingers.
- This may also be frozen ahead, defrosted and baked when needed.