Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 2 Servings
- From: Mix 'n Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes
- ¾ lb thinly cut veal cutlets, fat trimmed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch arugula (1 cup), washed and patted dry
- 1 bunch basil (1 cup), washed and patted dry
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup dry vermouth
- ½ cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- wooden toothpicks
- Spread the veal out on a cutting board or counter-top and flatten with a meat mallet or bottom of a heavy skillet to ¼-inch thick.
- salt and pepper the veal pieces.
- Place a layer of arugula over the veal, making sure the surface is covered.
- Place a layer of basil leaves over the arugula.
- Roll up meat and fasten with a wooden toothpick.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet just large enough to hold the veal in one layer.
- Brown veal rolls on all sides, about * 3 minutes.
- Remove to a dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add vermouth to the skillet.
- Let reduce about 2 minutes,scraping up the brown bits as it cooks.
- Add broth.
- Let reduce again about 5 minutes.
- Return val to the sauce to let it warm through for a minute.
- If rolls are thick,warm for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove rolls and slice into 2-inch pieces.
- Place onplates with the sliced side up so that the colorful interior is shows.
- Spoon sauce over the top.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (½ recipe):
- 256 calories, 7g fat, 134 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium,
- 2g carbs, 1g dietary fiber, 0g sugars, 38g protein
- diabetic exchanges: 4 lean meat, ½ fat