Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed Texas onions Toluca
Source: Hometown Cooking
- 4 Texas Spring Sweet or Other Sweet onions (4 Inches in Diameter Each)
- 4 Ounces Chorizo
- 4 Ounces Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 4 Slices Muenster, Gruyere, or Mexican Goat Cheese (1 Ounce Each)
- 4 flour Tortillas
- 1/3 Cup Picante Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Guacamole
- 1. Remove a Slice From Top (stem End) of Each Onion so it Sits Flat.Starting at Opposite End (root End), Hollow Each Onion, LeavingAbout a 1/2-Inch-Thick Shell. Place onions in a Steamer Basket.Place in a Dutch Oven Over Boiling water; Cover And Steam 20Minutes. Remove; Cool Until Easy to Handle.
- 2. Meanwhile, For Filling, in a Medium Saucepan Cook And StirSausage, Ground Beef, salt, And pepper About 10 Minutes or UntilMeat is Brown. Drain in Colander.
- 3. Arrange onions in an 8x8x2-Inch Baking Pan. Spoon Sausage FillingInto onions. Top Each Onion With a Cheese Slice. Bake in a 350Degree f Oven For 10 Minutes. Wrap Tortillas in Foil And Heat in TheOven Alongside onions For 10 Minutes. Remove onions And TortillasFrom Oven. Adjust Oven Rack so onions Will be 5 to 6 Inches FromHeat. Turn Oven to Broil. Broil onions 2 to 3 Minutes or UntilCheese Begins to Turn Light Brown. Place One Tortilla on Each Plate.Top Each With an Onion. Serve With Picante Sauce And Guacamole.
Makes 4 Servings.
- note: if onions Are Too Large, Peel Off Outer Layers Until They Are
- 4 Inches in Diameter.
Dietary Exchanges: 1-1/2 Starch, 2 Vegetable, 2 High-Fat Meat, 2Fat.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
Calories: 483 , Total Fat: 28g , Saturated Fat: 13g , Cholesterol:
- 69mg , Sodium: 1149mg , Carbohydrate: 33g , Fiber: 1g , Protein: