Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
One of the best trips I have been on was driving to Louisianna with my two sisters. We went specifically to see the Acadian settlements and it was thrilling to see all the names were the same as in my background from the Acadian part of Canada. So this recipe is named in honor of all my Acadian relatives. Creole seasoning is a blend of garlic, salt, paprika, cayenne, basil and thyme in equal amounts.
- 2 large portabello mushrooms (stem and gills removed)
- 1 (8 ounces) chicken breasts
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ cup mashed red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons celery, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped fine
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning or Creole seasoning (contains cayenne)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine (I used Chardonnay)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Wipe outside of mushrooms gently with damp cloth.
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
- Use microwave steamer or stove top steamer.
- Put 6 cloves smashed garlic in water.
- Place chicken in steamer portion.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Cover, cook until juices run clear (5 minutes in micro).
- When done and cooled a little, put through food processor or chopper until finely chopped.
- Set aside.
- Wash, cut in half and boil until fork tender.
- Peel and mash thoroughly.
- Mix 1 tablespoon powdered milk with 2 tablespoons water.
- Add milk mixture and 1 teaspoon butter to potatoes.
- Whip until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Heat sauté pan and add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauté shallots, peppers and celery for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and reduce for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken.
- Stir in basil, creole seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Mix in potatoes.
- Rub extra virgin olive oil on outside of mushrooms.
- Place open side up on baking sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve immediately.