This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 pork loin chops
- 6 ounce can orange juice concentrate thawed
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup prepared mincemeat
- ½ cup finely chopped apples
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- Cut lengthwise slit in the side of each pork chop being careful not to cut through the top, bottom or sides.
- Arrange chops in shallow baking dish.
- Combine next 7 ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high flame stirring constantly.
- Reduce flame and simmer 1 minute.
- Pour mixture over chops and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight turning once.
- Combine mincemeat, apples and onion.
- Remove chops from marinade. Reserve marinade.
- Press ¼ cup apple mixture into each chop and secure edges with toothpicks.
- Preheat gas grill.
- Cook chops with cover down on low setting 45 minutes turning once.
- Baste occasionally with reserved marinade.