Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 pork loin chops
- 6 ounce can orange juice concentrate thawed
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup prepared mincemeat
- ½ cup finely chopped apples
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- Cut lengthwise slit in the side of each pork chop being careful not to cut through the top, bottom or sides.
- Arrange chops in shallow baking dish.
- Combine next 7 ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high flame stirring constantly.
- Reduce flame and simmer 1 minute.
- Pour mixture over chops and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight turning once.
- Combine mincemeat, apples and onion.
- Remove chops from marinade. Reserve marinade.
- Press ¼ cup apple mixture into each chop and secure edges with toothpicks.
- Preheat gas grill.
- Cook chops with cover down on low setting 45 minutes turning once.
- Baste occasionally with reserved marinade.