Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Makes: 4 stuffed peppers (4 servings)
- 4 medium green bell peppers
- ½ pound lean ground lamb
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked brown or white rice
- 1 x 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare an 8-inch square or round baking dish with non-stick pan spray.
- Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each pepper.
- Remove all the seeds and membranes.
- Partially cook the peppers in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute the ground lamb and the onion over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, until the lamb is browned and the onion is tender; drain off the fat.
- Stir in the rice, ½ cup of the tomato sauce, the garlic, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Divide the mixture evenly to fill the peppers.
- Stand the peppers upright in the prepared baking dish and top them with the remaining tomato sauce.
- Cover the peppers with foil and bake for 40 minutes; uncover and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 stuffed pepper):
- Calories: 242 | Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 702mg | Carbohydrate: 25g | Dietary Fiber: 3g | Sugars: 7g | Protein: 15g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch | 2 Vegetable | 1 Medium-Fat Meat | 1 Fat