Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by SF&SC Y-Group
- 8 green bell peppers
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1½ lbs ground lean beef
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 can (1 lb can) kidney beans, well drained
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup minced onion
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chopped pimento
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 strips bacon
- ½ cup Sauterne wine
- ½ cup water
- Slice the tops from peppers and remove seeds.
- Cook cornmeal into a mush in the water and Sauterne (add more wate if necessary)
- Spoon the mush into the peppers, spreading mush to line each.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, except bacon, blend well, and stuff into each pepper.
- Place peppers side by side in a shallow pan, and top with bacon strips.
- Add water to the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated moderate oven (325°F).
- Cook for 1 hour, or until done.
- Serve hot.