In Romanian: Potirnichi umplute
- 6 partridges
- 1 onion
- 4 oz / 100 g fresh bacon
- 2 crustless slices of white bread soaked in milk
- 1 egg
- gizzards from 4 partridges
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lard
- ground pepper and juniper berries
- chopped parsley
- Wash and salt the partridges.
- Let them sit until you prepare the following stuffing.
- Chop the gizzards and saute in a tablespoon of lard, with the finely chopped onion.
- Remove from heat, add the cubed bacon, bread, salt, pepper, parsley and mix everything well with an egg.
- Stuff the partridges with this stuffing and then fry in a pan with a tablespoon of butter, until golden-brown.
- Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of water, cover and simmer at low heat until done.
- Keep turning them and add a little water from time to time, as needed.