Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Potirnichi umplute
- 6 partridges
- 1 onion
- 4 oz / 100 g fresh bacon
- 2 crustless slices of white bread soaked in milk
- 1 egg
- gizzards from 4 partridges
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lard
- ground pepper and juniper berries
- chopped parsley
- Wash and salt the partridges.
- Let them sit until you prepare the following stuffing.
- Chop the gizzards and saute in a tablespoon of lard, with the finely chopped onion.
- Remove from heat, add the cubed bacon, bread, salt, pepper, parsley and mix everything well with an egg.
- Stuff the partridges with this stuffing and then fry in a pan with a tablespoon of butter, until golden-brown.
- Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of water, cover and simmer at low heat until done.
- Keep turning them and add a little water from time to time, as needed.