Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Grade A Recipes from St. Thomas Elementary PTA, page 17
- Recipe by Nancy Storms
- Makes 4 servings
- 8 manicotti shells
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp instant minced onion
- ¼ cup green pepper, finely minced
- 1 tbsp dry parsley flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (1 lb) jar spaghetti sauce
- grated romano cheese
- Cook manicotti shells following directions on package, drain thoroughly.
- Combine ground beef, onion, green pepper, parsley flakes, salt, pepper, egg, blend thoroughly.
- Assemble and fill gun with meat filling, fit decorator tip onto filled barrel, attach cap securely in place on barrel.
- Set speed switch on high.
- Hold cooked manicotti shell in one hand, insert decorator tip part way into one end of manicotti, and squeeze trigger on/off several times.
- When manicotti is filled partway, release trigger and give gun a quick up down motion to cut off flow of mixture.
- Turn manicotti around and fill other end.
- Pour thin layer of spaghetti sauce into 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Arrange filled manicotti in single layer over sauce top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake 30 – 40 minutes at 350°F.
- This filling may also be used to stuff 20 jumbo shells; an extra jar of spaghetti sauce may be needed to cover the shells adequately.
- You can use a cookie press for stuffing the manicotti.