Contributed by Delma at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 to 5 dozen medium hot peppers
- 2 lbs sausage (sweet, hot or mixture)
- ¾ cup bread crumbs (unseasoned)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 pkg McCormick's meat loaf mix
- add salt, oregano, garlic and Italian spices to taste
- Wash and remove seeds from peppers.
- Stuff peppers and lay in baking pan.
- Pour about ¼ inch vegetable oil over peppers.
- Lay in single layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Turn pepper over, bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oil after baking.
- Serve warm, cool, or freeze if you like.
- Thaw and reheat if frozen.