This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Herrin Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped cooked ham
- ¼ cup grated Swiss cheese
- Whisk whites and yolks together but do not over whisk.
- Put pan over medium high heat and add butter and heat until butter is light caramel color.
- Pour in whisked eggs.
- While eggs are still liquid push from one side to the middle of pan with wooden spoon.
- Immediately add remaining ingredients on half of the omelet.
- Flip other half of the omelet over the filling and cook 30 seconds longer.
- Slide out onto warmed platter and serve immediately.