- Rinse rice in cold water, drain.
- Add all ingredients except lemon juice and grape leaves, mix well.
- Wilt leaves a few at a time by rinsing in hot water (a few at a time), be sure to cut off thick stems.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of lamb/rice mixture on edge of dull side of leaf.
- Begin rolling from stem end, after the first roll fold ends in to close and finish rolling.
- Place a few leaves in bottom of pan.
- Arrange rolls in compact rows, seam side down cover with water about ½ inch over the top.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp salt over rolls.
- Place a pottery plate on top of rolls to hold in place.
- Cover pan, cook on medium 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add lemon juice cook 10 more minutes.
- Drain most of the juice before serving.
- Best way to eat: buy soft pita bread (preferably thin, from middle eastern bakery/shop).
- Buy plain yogurt/nonfat.
- Cut a piece of bread from the pita so that you can roll the bread around the grape leaf (as in a blanket).
- Dip the grape leaf (and bread) in a generous helping of yogurt bowl and eat all together like you would eat a very small size soft tortilla shell.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.