Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 medium eggplants
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 x 14½ to 16-ounce can tomatoes (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teasoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- Cut a slice off top of eggplants. Scoop out pulp, leaving ¼-inch shell. Cut pulp into small cubes; cover with water and parboil about 5 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- Cook onion, celery and green pepper in butter until soft but not brown.
- Add rice, chicken, tomatoes, salt, pepper, basil and thyme. Heat, stirring occasionally, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fill eggplant shells.
- Spoon any extra eggplant mixture into a small casserole.
- Arrange eggplants in shallow pan; bake at 350 °F for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.