- Crushed rice wheat is washed in water and left to soak for a while.
- The duck is stuffed with the crushed rice wheat from behind.
- It is then plugged with a large onion and sewed tightly with a clean thread and needle.
- The sewing is very important, as it will not allow the rice/crushed wheat to escape from inside the duck.
- The stuffed duck is boiled in water until it is tender.
- It is preferred to add a lot of herbs to the stew as this gives a special taste to the duck.
- You can be creative with herbs but avoid spicy ones.
- Add cumin, onions, some salt and pepper.
- The stuffed duck is then placed on a pan and lemon juice is squeeze on it.
- Then tomato paste is spread on its back.
- The duck is placed in the oven on medium temperature.
- When the back is red the duck is taken out of the oven and left to cool for a minute.
- The stuffed crushed rice wheat can either be left inside of the duck or it can be taken out and placed around the duck in a serving plate.
- As a side dish you can prepare stuffed potatoes.
- Pick a dozen or more small potatoes (about the size of a golf ball each).
- The potatoes are peeled and hollowed out.
- They are then fried.
- Minced meat is cooked on a frying pan.
- The potatoes are stuffed with the cooked minced meat and placed in a deep pan.
- tomato paste is then brushed on the surface and the pan of potatoes is placed in the oven for ten minutes.
- For salad you can prepare Egyptian green salad.
- Cut tomatoes, cucumbers, rocket, radish into medium pieces.
- Slice half an onion and add it to the salad.
- For seasoning, pour one tablespoon of vinegar and one tablespoon of olive oil in a cup and squeeze on it half of a small lemon.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir the seasoning and pour it on the salad.
- Toss the salad then spray it with cumin.
- Bon appetite or as Egyptians say, "bel hana wesh shefa" (eat and be happy with good health).
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.