Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
Set 1 Edit
- 16 large green chilies
- 1½ cup chickpea flour (besan)
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- salt to taste
- oil for deep-frying
Set 2 Edit
- First, it is essential that you buy the freshest possible green chilies.
- Choose the ones which are broad, long and have a strong stem.
- Heat water to a rolling boil, along with one teaspoon of salt.
- Now, add the clean green chilies to the hot water, stir and let stay for one minute.
- Remove the green chilies and drain on a paper towel.
- Discard the water.
- Mix the ingredients of set 2 and grind in a blender until smooth.
- The consistency should be that of very thick yogurt.
- It should not be of dripping consistency! this is the stuffing.
- Make a slit, lengthwise, along three fourth of the chile's length.
- Remove any seeds and then stuff the stuffing in the chile.
- Repeat this for the remaining chilies.
- Mix well the flour from set 1, baking soda, salt, yogurt and a little water.
- The consistency is that of thick, beaten yogurt.
- This is the batter.
- Heat oil in a skillet, dip the chilies in the batter and drop gently in the oil.
- Deep fry the chilies, occasionally turning, until they are golden yellow in color.
- Repeat for all the chilies.
- Serve warm.
- Alternate serving option: make a slit along the bajji lengthwise, like you have made before, and stuff with finely chopped onions mixed with lime juice and salt.
- Serve warm.