Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp plain dry bread crumbs
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp dried thyme
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 1¼ lbs boneless and skinless chicken breast (2 whole breasts, halved)
- paprika to taste
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp white wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the spinach, feta, bread crumbs, oregano, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Pound the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper until ¼-inch thick.
- Remove wax paper.
- Place ¼ of the spinach mixture on each chicken breast.
- Spread to within ¼-inch of the edge of the breast.
- Roll starting at the pointy bottom.
- Fasten with toothpicks.
- Place the breasts in a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Lightly sprinkle paprika over the rolls.
- Pour the water and wine into the baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cut the rolled chicken breasts crosswise into ½- inch slices.
- Arrange on serving platter; pouring the cooking liquid over the sliced rolls.
Nutritional information Edit
- 262 Calories | 8g Fat | 2g Fiber | 38g Protein | 6g Carbs | 99mg Chol | 397mg Sodium