As seen on: Living Lou
- 10 large button mushrooms, all stems removed, 5 discarded
- 3 - 4 medium-sized chanterelle mushrooms (where available/in season - this is a really wonderful substitute for some of the buttons! if you use these, reduce the number of button mushrooms to 6).
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup frozen pre cooked shrimp, thawed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- pepper to taste
- paprika for garnish (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 350.
Wash and grate zucchini, allowing zucchini to drain for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, wash and remove stems from mushrooms, set aside caps and 5 stems. Roughly chop the stems.
In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and mushrooms, cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and add shrimp, bread crumbs, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stirring until the cheeses melt.
Using a teaspoon, scoop the mixture into each mushroom cap, filling just passed the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan, black pepper and paprika (if using). Repeat for remaining caps.
Place the mushroom caps on a lightly grease baking sheet, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.