Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
As seen on: Living Lou
- 10 large button mushrooms, all stems removed, 5 discarded
- 3 - 4 medium-sized chanterelle mushrooms (where available/in season - this is a really wonderful substitute for some of the buttons! if you use these, reduce the number of button mushrooms to 6).
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup frozen pre cooked shrimp, thawed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- pepper to taste
- paprika for garnish (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 350.
Wash and grate zucchini, allowing zucchini to drain for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, wash and remove stems from mushrooms, set aside caps and 5 stems. Roughly chop the stems.
In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini and mushrooms, cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and add shrimp, bread crumbs, cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stirring until the cheeses melt.
Using a teaspoon, scoop the mixture into each mushroom cap, filling just passed the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan, black pepper and paprika (if using). Repeat for remaining caps.
Place the mushroom caps on a lightly grease baking sheet, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.