Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is an excellent savory appetizer made of rice pancakes and stuffed with or without vegetarian or non-vegetarian mixture. Original recipe does not normally call for soaked Lentils, but the addition thatof takes this preparation to another level
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 cup black dal
- 1 tablespoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1 cup water (more as required)
- clarified butter
- 1/2 lb minced Chicken (Lamb can be used)
- 1 cup paneer cheese, crushed
- 1 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 fresh chile peppers, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- For rice crepes, soak rice and black dal in water overnight.
- Rinse the soaked rice and Lentils mixture thoroughly.
- In a blender, combine the mixture with water to form a smooth batter-like paste.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl; add toasted cumin seeds and salt to taste; mix thoroughly.
- You may need to add more water if necessary to achieve the consistency similar to crepe mixture.
- Let the batter rest for at least six hours.
- To prepare rice crepes, in a non-stick frying pan heat a tablespoon of clarified butter over medium-low heat.
- Pour in some batter and spread out into a paper-thin crepe.
- Cook until the bottom has crisped up; turn over and cook the other side.
- Remove the cooked crepe and reserve in a container with tight lid.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- For stuffing, heat oil in a non-stick sauté pan; fry garlic and ginger until light brown.
- Put in minced meat, salt and pepper.
- Brown the meat and add minced chilies, chopped tomatoes, crushed Cheese and chopped scallion.
- Stir in for a few of minutes in low heat until all ingredients are cooked.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Reserve in a large plate to cool.
- On a large plate, put a rice crepe and brush on lightly with some clarified butter.
- Place one and half tablespoons of stuffing mixture in the middle of the crepe and spread out across the middle.
- Fold one edge over the mixture and roll up.
- Repeat with the other pancakes.
- Arrange them in a large plate, topped with achar to serve.