Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed catfish is an interesting dish that is easy and convenient to cook.
- 4 catfish cleaned and skinned
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 pt oysters
- ½ lb salad shrimp
- 1 bag Italian breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch spring onions (if spring onions are not available, use chopped red onion)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- First, you need to steam and chop the oysters.
- Then, mix the oysters, crabmeat, and the shrimp with a combination of chopped onion, breadcrumb, juice from lemon, and garlic in bowl.
- This mixture is then stuffed into the cavity of the catfish.
- Sprinkle a pinch of zest from the lemons onto the prepared fish.
- Next, add ¼ cup white wine to the stuffed fish, and wrap it in aluminum foil.
- Once the fish is wrapped, you can grill it on a low heat or even bake it at around 325°F.
- This should be done for around half an hour.
- In order to check when the catfish is cooked, you need to use a fork to poke it and find out whether the meat is soft enough.
- With the quantity of ingredients used in this recipe, you should be able to serve around 4 people.
- It takes around 30 minutes to prepare this dish and around 30 minutes or more to cook it properly.