In Romanian: Pepene galben umplut
- 1 large cantaloupe
- 2 large pear
- 1 large apple
- 2 – 3 peaches
- 2 – 3 plums
- 1 cup mixed white and red grapes
- 1 cup wine
- 1 cup rum
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons gelatine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Peel, seed and cube the apple and pear.
- Do the same for the plums and peaches.
- Wash the grapes well.
- Put all these fruits in a bowl and mix with a tablespoon of sugar.
- Cut a slice off the top of the cantaloupe and remove all seeds.
- Then fill with the other fruits, shaking the cantaloupe well for the fruits to settle and mix.
- Heat the wine and sugar to a boil, add the gelatine and mix with a spoon so that it dissolves well.
- Strain through a sieve and add the rum and vanilla.
- When the mixture is almost cold, pour into the cantaloupe to cover the fruits and then refrigerate.
- When serving, halve lengthwise and then each half in slices.