Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lbs cabbage (light ones)
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tsp fresh mint
- 1 lb minced beef
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz margarine
- Core and parboil cabbage leaves until limp and easy to roll.
- Place in a colander and separate leaves.
- Slice each leaf in half on ribs.
- Leaves should be about 4"x6".
- Mix rice, margarine, meat and seasonings.
- Place 1 tbsp rice mixture along rib and spread out to the length of leaf.
- Roll as for jelly roll.
- Gently squeeze each roll when placing in pan.
- Arrange in compact rows in pot.
- Sprinkle crushed garlic between rolls and tbsp salt.
- Cover pot with water to the cabbage level.
- Put a tight lid on pot and cook on medium fire for about 15-20 minutes.
- Mash 1 clove of garlic with mint and a little salt.
- Add lemon juice and pour over the entire top of cabbage and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Or until rice is done.