Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Stiuca umpluta la cuptor
- 1 pike (approx. 2 lbs / 1 kg)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- crustless slice of white bread
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 beet
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- hard-boiled egg, sliced for garnish
- mustard sauce
- Clean and wash the pike and remove its head.
- Starting from the head, skin the carefully. If there remains any meat sticking to the skin, scrape with a knife.
- Salt and skin and leave aside.
- Debone the and grind it with the milk (or water) moistened bread and with the finely chopped and oil fried onion.
- Add salt, pepper, a teaspoon of chopped parsley and two beaten eggs to the mixture.
- Mix well and stuff the pike skin (do not overstuff or it may burst while boiling).
- Make small balls from the remaining mixture.
- Arrange the stuffed fish and head, a whole onion, the thinly sliced carrot and beet in the baking dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil and set in the oven to bake.
- Every now and then, baste with the oil in the dish.
- When ready, remove from the baking dish, arrange on a long platter, and after it has cooled off, slice into finger thick slices and put them all together to give the illusion of a whole fish.
- Place the in its place and garnish with slices of hard boiled egg.
- Serve with mustard sauce.