Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Submitted by: Jill Karlya via dLife
- 2 medium cooking apples (Gala or New Zealand apples are sweeter and crisper than most other cooking apples)
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large dried or fresh fig, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon grated orange rind
- ¼ cup unsweetened orange juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To prepare, core apples, cutting to, but not through, bottoms, peel top third of each apple.
- Place apples in a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine fig, orange rind, 1 tablespoon orange juice, pecans and cinnamon.
- Spoon fig mixture evenly in cavities of apples.
- Drizzle remaining 3 tablespoons orange juice over apples.
- Cover and bake apples at 350°F for 40 – 45 minutes or until apples are tender (baste occasionally with cooking liquid)
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 115 | Carbohydrates 23.1g | Fat 3.2g | Saturated fat 0.3g | Fiber 4.5g | Protein 0.9g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 1mg