Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- ½ pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 1 tart red cooking apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ¼ cup seedless raisins
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- Place squash cut-side down in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in small skillet over medium heat, stirring to crumble. Drain sausage.
- Combine sausage with rice, apple, onion, celery, raisins, cinnamon, pepper and syrup in large bowl.
- Turn squash cut-side up; brush with butter. Fill evenly with rice stuffing.
- Cover and bake 45 to 50 minutes.