Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: The Stubb's Bar-B-Q Cookbook via The Dallas Morning News
- Makes 12 pieces
- 6 large eggs, hard-cooked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 heaping tablespoon mustard, Creole or coarse grain
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced scallions (green and white parts)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- paprika for garnish
- 36 capers, drained, for garnish
- Shell eggs, cut in half lengthwise, and pop yolks into mixing bowl.
- With fork, mash yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and scallions.
- Mix in salt and pepper.
- Mixture should have pronounced lemon and mustard flavors, so add more if desired (chilling will make flavors less perceptible).
- Fill cavity in each egg half with yolk mixture.
- Top with sprinkle of paprika and place 3 capers on top of each filled egg half.
- Chill till ready to serve.
- Note: for best flavor, serve just slightly chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 58 (72% fat) | Fat 5g (1 g sat) | Cholesterol 107 mg | Sodium 155 mg | Trace of fiber | Carbohydrates 1 g | Protein 3 g