Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Apples and every little ingredient of this recipe says it's Belgian, one of the best desserts to eat ! Enjoy
- 225g/8oz Shortcrust Pastry
For the topping:
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7.
- Roll the pastry out to 6mm/1/4-inch and use to line a deep 20 cm/8-inch flan tin.
- For the topping: in a large mixing bowl, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles large breadcrumbs then stir in the Sugar and mix well. Set aside.
- For the filling: in another large mixing bowl, toss the Apples with the lemon juice, cinnamon and Sugar then arrange over the pastry and scatter with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 190C,375, Gas mark 5 and continue to bake for a further 30 minutes, covering the top with foil if it browns too quickly.
- Serve hot or cold with cream or ice cream.