- Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 ounce crumbled stilton cheese or feta cheese
- French bread (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a jar, reserving liquid.
- Set aside strawberries.
- Add oil and water to jar.
- Cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Arrange 1 cup greens onto four individual salad plates.
- Top with ½ cup berries, 2 teaspoons dressing and 1-tablespoon cheese.
- Serve with french bread, if desired.