Frost cake with The Ultimate Whipped Vanilla-Almond Frosting
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 2 1/4 cups beet Sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups soy milk or other 'milk'
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup light, natural oil
- Equivilant of 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 pint of fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare your pans by placing them on pieces of wax paper, tracing and cutting out the circle-shapes, and lining the bottom of the pans with the wax paper circles.
Combine remaining ingredients, and add to flour mixture. Beat for 2 minutes.
Bake for 20–30 minutes (depending on your oven) or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out dry. Please be careful not to let this cake overcook or it becomes quite dry. Allow to cool about ten minutes, then run a table knife around the edges to seperate them from the pan. Tap the cakes out of their pans onto a cooling rack, peel off the wax paper, and let cool completely before frosting.
Wash, trim and slice the strawberries so that they look kind of like little hearts. Stick the slices onto the sides and top of the cake in a pretty pattern. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the almonds.
Chill this thoroughly before serving. You do not want to let this cake “sit out” for too long or the icing will soften and the cake with start to slide around.