Makes 8 servings
- 1 envelope (1 tbsp) unflavored gelatin
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Strawberry Sauce
- In saucepan sprinkle gelatin over water, then dissolve over low heat.
- Stir into sour cream; set aside.
- In mixer bowl beat 1 cup of the whipping cream, gradually adding sugar, until soft peaks form.
- Stir in vanilla and sour cream/gelatin mixture to blend thoroughly.
- Pour into 1-quart mold, rinsed first with cold water.
- Chill until firm.
- Whip remaining cream, sweeten with additional sugar.
- Unmold gelatin mixture onto serving plate.
- Spoon some of the strawberry sauce over mold.
- Surround base with dollops of whipped cream.