- 5 (6-ounce) packages strawberry gelatin dessert mix
- 6 pounds, 4 ounces Frozen sliced sweetened California strawberries, thawed
- 6 pounds, 4 ounces Canned crushed pineapple in unsweetened pineapple juice, drained
- 3 pounds bananas, mashed
- 1 pound, 4 ounces pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds, 8 ounces Non-fat sour cream
- 24 each California strawberries, stemmed and halved
- Dissolve gelatin dessert mix in 7 1/2 cups boiling water.
- Mix in thawed strawberries, pineapple, bananas and pecans.
- Pour half of gelatin mixture into a 24- x 18-inch rectangular pan.
- Refrigerate until firm. Spread with half of sour cream;
- Pour remaining gelatin mixture on top.
- Refrigerate until firm; spread with remaining sour cream.
- Cut into 48 (3- x 3-inch) squares.
- Top each square with 1 strawberry half.