Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yield: about 18 cups of batter
- 2½ qts. half-and-half
- 36 large egg yolks
- 12 oz butter, melted
- 1 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 lb 14 oz all-purpose flour
- 7 lb 8 oz California strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 11 oz granulated sugar
- 3 qt egg whites
- 1½ cups clarified butter
- as needed - powdered sugar
- as needed - maple syrup
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In mixer bowl, using whisk attachment, mix 1 quart of the half-and-half, egg yolks, butter, Grand Marnier, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt until blended.
- Gradually add flour, mixing just until combined (batter will be lumpy)
- Stir in remaining 1½ quarts half-and-half.
- Cover and refrigerate, if made ahead.
- For each serving, to order: in bowl, combine 1 cup strawberries and 1 tablespoon sugar; set aside.
- In separate bowl, beat ½ cup egg whites to soft peaks; set aside.
- In third bowl, combine ¾ cup batter and ½ of the sugared strawberries (with juices); gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- In small (7-inch) heatproof nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon clarified butter over medium heat until hot.
- Add strawberry batter; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until edges are set.
- Transfer skillet to oven; bake 10 o 12 minutes or until pancake is lightly browned and center is set.
- Plate, top side up, and garnish with remaining ½ of the sugared strawberries.
- Dust with powdered sugar; serve with maple syrup as desired.
- Shortcut - mix chopped fresh California strawberries into your buttermilk pancake mix and top with stemmed, sliced California strawberries.