Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 frozen pound cake (11 1/ ounces), defrosted
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (3 3/4 ounces) lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 egg white, not beat
- 1 pint fresh California strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (7 ounces) refrigerated whipped light cream
- strawberries for garnish
Cut pound cake lengthwise into 2 layers, and arrange side by side in 8-inch square cake pan (cut sides up). In saucepan, soften gelatin in water; dissolve over low heat. Set aside. Prepare pudding following package directions except reduce milk to 1 3/4 cups. Beat in dissolved gelatin and lemon juice. Let set 5 minutes. Add egg white. Beat on highest electric mixer speed 5 minutes. Fold Berries into mixture. Pour over cake. Chill until firm enough to cut - at least 1 hour. To serve: cut into squares. Top with a puff of whipped light cream and a whole strawberry. Substitute: 1 package (1 pound) frozen whole-unsweetened strawberries for fresh strawberries. Thaw just enough to slice. Drain in colander, reserving liquid for other uses. Then fold into mixture, as directed above. Yield: 9 squares.