- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3 1-pint baskets strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Blend flour, 4 tablespoons Sugar, baking powder, and salt in processor 5 seconds. Add butter. Using on/off turns, process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1 cup cream and orange peel. Process just until moist clumps form. Gather dough into ball; gently knead 5 turns. Roll out dough on floured surface to 3/4-inch-thick round. Using 3-inch-diameter cutter, cut out 3 rounds. Gather dough and reroll as needed to make 3 more 3-inch rounds. Arrange rounds on prepared sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons cream; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Sugar.
Makes 6 servings.