- 1 Cup strawberries
- 2-1/4 Cups All Purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2/3 Cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees.
- Hull strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together flour and sugar, baking powder, and salt
- Add butter. With pastry blender cut butter in until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in reserved strawberries, toss well to coat
- Add milk all at once. With fork, lightly toss together until mixture holds together. With floured hands, gently form into ball.
- On floured board with floured rolling pin, roll out dough 1/2-inch thick. Cut dough into 2 1/2-inch circles with floured biscuit cutter. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Serve warm.
- Makes 12 scones