Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Source my grandma. I found this recipe written neatly on one of her recipe cards. I suspect the recipe came from an old Betty Crocker cookbook but can not prove it.
- 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled, washed and drained
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ tablespoons butter (or about the size of a walnut)
- Fill pie shell with 2 cups of choice berries.
- Crush remaining 1 cup of berries.
- Soak them with the water for 5 minutes, strain and reserve 1 cup juice.
- Combine sugar with the cornstarch; stir into berry juice and cook for 3 minutes or until thick and clear.
- Add butter.
- Cool slightly and pour over fruit to glaze berries in pie shell.
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries, if desired.