A cold smoothie like drink made with fresh strawberries.
- 1 Cup cold whole milk (low fat or nonfat milk can be substituted)
- 1/2 Cup (4 or 5) ice cubes
- 1 1/2 Cups (about 8 ounces) stemmed fresh California strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (approximate)
- 2 Whole strawberries, for garnish
- Strawberry-banana Licuado/strawberry orange Licuado
- Strawberry-banana: substitute 1 cup strawberries and 1/2 cup (1 inch) banana chunks for 1 1/2 cups strawberries.
- Strawberry-orange: add 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate when adding
Measure milk and ice into blender; blend 15 seconds. Add strawberries and about 1 tablespoon Sugar (depending on sweetness of strawberries); blend 15 seconds or until smooth and frothy. Pour into two chilled 12-ounce glasses. Garnish glasses with whole strawberries. Serve immediately with straws. Makes 2 servings (about 12 ounces each)