Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These cookies are absolutely beautiful. You can actually use whatever kind of preserves you wish, but make sure that they are PRESERVES :-) You will love the look of these beautiful cookies! Prep time doesnt include chill time. Cook time is for one batch.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (0.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110 degrees F)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- First, Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, butter, Sugar and salt.
- With your hand mixer, beat the flour, butter, Sugar and salt until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Dissolve yeast in your 1/2 cup warm milk in a small bowl.
- Stir in 1 egg and vanilla.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, and then beat at low speed until mixed thoroughly.
- Divide dough in half (you will have two chunks of dough), cover with wax paper, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll dough out on a lightly floured surface, one half at a time, to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut dough into 3-inch squares, and then top each with 1 teaspoon of your strawberry preserves.
- Bring up 2 opposite corners of each square to center and then pinch tightly to seal.
- Place the finished cookie onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper placing them around 2 inches apart.
- Brush each cookie lightly with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, almond extract and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl (approximately 2 1/2 teaspoons).
- Drizzle this glaze lightly over cooled cookies.
- ENJOY THESE BEAUTIFUL COOKIES!