Source: Diabetic Dessert Cookbook
- ¼ cup granulated sugar replacement
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup strawberries pureed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- red food color (optional)
- Combine water,replacement and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and stir in the puree and lemon juice with the food color.
- Pour into freezer trays, cover with wax paper and freeze.
- For a fluffy texture freeze until mushy.
- Scrape into a mixing bowl and beat until just loosened.
- Return to tray and freeze.