- 1 lb. (3 cups) frozen whole unsweetened California strawberries, thawed
- 2 lbs. (4 cups) butter, softened
- 6 oz. (½ cup) honey
- Thaw strawberries completely; purée. Allow purée to come to room temperature.
- Beat together butter and honey. Beat or mix with the strawberry purée until light and fluffy. Cover and chill.
- To serve, scoop 2.5 oz. (¼ cup) into a serving bowl. Serve with toast or English muffins. Reserve the fruit-based butter in the refrigerator.
If butter separates, then ingredients are too cold. Allow ingredients to warm, then beat until smooth.