This recipe came from the Hartman Estate Sale. It was obtained it as part of the purchase of the Family Collection from the Hartman Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups strawberry jam
- powdered sugar
- Mix all ingredients except strawberry jam until crumbly then spread 1/2 of the mixture into a greased rectangular pan.
- Spread jam over crumbly mixture then cover with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then sprinkle with powdered sugar.