- Makes 8 servings
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 pint baskets California strawberries, stemmed, divided
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- additional strawberries, for garnish
Chocolate crumb crust Edit
- In small saucepan soften gelatin in water about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in container of blender or food processor puree two baskets of strawberries until slightly chunky.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in lemon juice.
- Add sugar to gelatin mixture; stir over medium heat until gelatin dissolves and mixture is clear.
- Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes; mix into pureed strawberries.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened but not completely set.
- Beat cream to form soft peaks.
- Beat strawberry mixture just until slightly foamy.
- With rubber spatula, fold cream into strawberry mixture until white streaks disappear.
- Mound into prepared pie shell.
- Garnish with additional strawberries.
- Chill until set, about 2 hours.